The first documentation available regarding the Dobřenice manor dates back to 1339 and it was the knight Zdeněk Bohunek from Dobřenice, who ordered its first construction. Since that period until 1862 the chateau and the courtyard belonged to the Czech dynasty Dobrzensky from Dobřenice. Subsequently, in 1862, the property was sold to Baron Karl Daniel Weinrich, who rebuilt the chateau into a new pseudo-classic one-storey building after a fire had partially destroyed it. In 1875 a beautiful 25 hectares English Park was designed by famous architect Edward Petzold and this whole area has been well maintained over the last decades.
In 1928 the entire estate was purchased by the director of Škoda company in Plzeň, Karel Loevenstein, who immediately initiated an extensive renovation of the chateau. He expanded the chateau by adding rooms on the upper floor, installed central heating, rebuilt and refurnished the interiors and constructed a new main entrance of the courtyard embellished with two large statues of lions. In addition to Dobřenice he also purchased a nearby estate in Kratonohy, resulting in ownership of 750 hectares of agricultural and forestland with both properties.
In 1934 a poultry farm, a sawmill and large greenhouses were put into operation.
In 1937 a burial chamber was built on the church grounds, and in 1938, after Karel Loevenstein´s passing, he was laid here to rest.
Two years later a german receivership of the whole manor was declared. In 1945 the whole property was returned to the Loevenstein family, but their ownership didn´t last long and in 1948 the property was under the ruling of the communist regime nationalized and turned into a state farm for over 40 years.
In consequence of the Velvet Revolution in 1989, the property was finally in 1993 restituted to its rightful owner – Karla Loevenstein (due to mariage renamed Karla Katschnerová), daughter of Karel Loevenstein. She had immigrated to Brazil with her husband Milan Katschner in 1948, and returned to the Czech Republic in 1993 at the age of 70. With her entrepreneurial spirit she immediately took charge of the property and started to rebuild many of the buildings and roofs in order to avoid further damages. As a passionate horse rider all her life, she transformed cow houses into horse stables and brought the equestrian life back to Dobřenice by renovating original indoor arena and creating a riding school. Since 1997 her son, Rodrigo Katschner and his family have joined forces to continue the reconstruction of the whole estate.
The chateau has been totally renovated and is now available for rent for weddings, gatherings, reunions and parties. The entire estate consists of a large courtyard with horse stables, indoor riding arena, a beautiful baroque St. Clement church, the most significant baroque monument in Dobřenice, and other historical buildings. The surrounding area of Dobřenice has plenty to offer for nature enthusiasts, bikers, horseback riders and golfers.